6.21.2011

Crafts

I get extremely bored when I have time to sit around and relax, so naturally I have to find SOMETHING to do which normally means a craft or baking. I had a wood wreath and I have tons of fabric so I decided to make a fabric inspired summer wreath. Here are the steps to the project: 


1. Start with a wreath..mine was wood and was $1 at the Dollar Tree

2. I cut 5 different fabrics into ~12 inch strips and I cut ~15 strips of each type

3. Tie the strips around the wreath keeping an order to the fabric types..double knot them!

4. Keep tying!...be sure to push them together so that none of the wreath frame shows through

5. I used some of the extra strips and cut out flowers layered them and put a large button on top....
6. I then tied the flowers on and Taadaa...A summer wreath! 
7. I of course had to add an owl... this was some fabric I had I cut our two of them used stuffing and sewed it on a strip and tied it on the wreath.
 Hope you enjoyed this! Switching the fabric pattens can change the wreath for any occasion. 

1 comment: