8.21.2011

Cupcake Stand





There is a new website that I have become addicted to called Pinterest that has so many ideas for decorating, DIY crafts, quotes, fashion, baking, and much more. I saw this idea on there of how to make a cupcake or cake stand out of Dollar Tree items. I made two so the total project cost me about $4. 


I purchased:
*2 martini glasses 
*2 round cake pans


For the project you will also need:
* spray paint


*heavy duty glue (I used Gorilla Glue, can be bought at Walmart or Lowes)


*Sharpie or something to mark with


*2 heavy books 




Step 1: Spray paint the 2 round cake pans, I just did the top and sides that would be seen


Step 2: Place one of the martini glasses in the center of the underside of the cake pan and mark four dots around it when you get it center...this will help when you are gluing to get it centered. 


Step 3: Glue around the edge of the martini glass and place in the center of the cake pan, hold it steady and flip right side up. Place a heavy book on top to keep an air-tight seal and let it sit overnight

Step 4: Enjoy your DIY cupcake/cake stands! 


No comments:

Post a Comment