8.11.2011

U.S. Fabric Map

So I saw on Pinterest a map of the United States that was made from different fabric scraps, I pinned it and I could not wait to make it. So today that was ALL I did. This project required patience and a lot of cutting (remember from elementary school there are 50 states...and some of them are tiny!). So here is my venture of the U.S. Fabric Map...in the end I am in love with it! 




Step 1: 
I started with an old picture that we no longer use for the frame

Step 2: 
I then printed off a U.S. map from Google, use the poster print option (2x2 sheets)

Step 3:
I then picked out 50 different fabric scraps from my collection and cut out each state, very carefully and matched them with a fabric. Then cut out the state in the chosen fabrics. 

Step 4:
I then placed all the states on a white piece of fabric for the background to make sure all of them fit properly before gluing... Kentucky got lost but I finally got it back on the map! I used craft tacky glue. 


Step 5:
Once every state was glued in place I spray painted my frame  turquoise and TA-DA it was done...FINALLY! 


You get a good geography lesson doing this I had forgotten where half of the states were! Now this is in my study where I can enjoy all the hard work of putting the United States together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment